If you are a internet enthusiast and willing to get your own domain then it?s a no big deal. Unlike other domain registration .np registration is free of cost and every body can register .np domain. I am going to explain stepwise how you can get your personal domain.
First thing first, if you want to register a domain you may want to go briefly through the Terms and Conditions.
Check whether the domain you want is available or not(Check Domain Availability). For personal user, use your citizenship names for the domain registration. They only let your domain registered according to your citizenship name and it?s a first come first serve basis.
Visit the mercantile office. See the required documents below before visiting.
Required documents for .np registration:
For Official Request
- A application letter written in the company/organization’s letter-head pad signed by authorized officer.
- A copy of company/organization registration certificate issued by the respective government bodies must be dropped to the Host master at Mercantile communications, Durbar Marg. Kathmandu.
- Online form (admin/ technical contacts and valid name servers). (Administrator’s contract address in the online form should be from the company owner)
NOTE:- A company/organization only can select domain names based on its company/organization’s name, product’s name, service’s name and brand name.
For Personal Request
- A application request letter.
- A copy of the applicant’s citizenship certificate must be dropped to the Host master at Mercantile communications, Durbar Marg. Kathmandu in order to verify the authenticity of the applicant as only Nepalese citizens are entitled to register personal domains.
- Online form (Administrator’s contract address in the online form should be from the domain owner)
NOTE:- Personal Domain name should be selected based only on his/her name as mentioned in citizenship certificate.
Mercantile Communications Pvt. Ltd.
P. O. Box 876,
Fax: 977 1 4256761 (10 AM to 5 PM in all working days)
Fill out the online form. There are two things you need to know before applying online form. Primary and Secondary name server. Get DNS server information from your webhost.
For 000webhost its
primary name server ns01.000webhost.com
secondary name server ns02.000webhost.com
You can apply using any name server and change it later. But keep in mind that they will take a day or more to change your server information. So its better to put the DNS server information of the server where you will be hosting your site.
Get yourself a web space through webhosting company. Now the webhosting company charges a cost for that and the rates depend. But if you are not willing to pay, then there are plenty of free webhosting site that provide you free webhosting facility. Unless you want to go commercial and have large web space those free webhosting should be good enough to keep your site up and running.
000webhost is good at providing free webhosting facility. You can try others if you like.
Download a nice theme from the internet for your site or make your own. If you want a blog then wordpress would be great. Now get the ftp details from your webhost. Use ftp client like filezilla or fireftp(if you are Firefox user) to connect to your server and upload your files.
More FTP clients including filezilla can be found here.
Hope this was helpful.